IRGSC trains policy makers, civil society leaders, business leaders, religious leaders and
scientists concerning issues surrounding its research clusters and issues that concern our
research fellows. IRGSC uses balanced approach in combining practical knowledge and
scientific knowledge. We don't cut and paste knowledge but we also produce our own
trainings based on firmed knowledge that anchored in scientific evidence and presented in
IRGSC is to publish its professional trainings soon.
Our key trainers have been gaining academic and practical experiences between 6-25
years. They often write not only practical modules and Op-Eds (opinions) but also
scientific papers such as academic journals (from international to locals), policy briefs,
advocacy papers. They have been trained not only from informal and formal trainings (in
remote villages in Eastern Indonesia, Aceh, Java, Kalimantan, Sumatra and Sulawesi) but
also trained in top universities of the world (from USA, Australia, Germany, Netherlands,
United Kingdom, South Africa and Asia.
Future national trainings are typical short courses (3 days to 10 days). The topics include:
Writing for change: Optional writeshops for academic/scientific writing, advocacy
papers and opinion making.
- The objective of the training includes to train government key staff and CSOs to
understand how to write positive outcomes from local governments' development policy
because based on field observations we found that there have been sustained positive
- To strengthen civil society and academic leaders to properly address public policy
issues based objectively and not based on political sentiments and partial interests.
- To help the policy stake-holders to communicate complex policy and complex scientific
National trainings on Development Management
- Tailored made trainings in Participatory Learning and Actions in WASH, disaster risk
management, climate adaptation and community developments.
- National Training: How to start and manage an NGO?**
- National Training: How to start and manage a think tank in cities or Kabupatens?**
- Project cycle management**
- Financial Management of NGOs and Think Tanks?**
- How to evaluate development programs and projects?**
Note. ** The Trainings on NGO's and think tank management and financial management
will be led by experienced managers and directors that pertinent to quality management of
NGOs and think tanks.
National trainings on climate adaptation and disaster reduction and livelihoods
- National Training: Disaster risk management training
- National Training: National Climate adaptation and risk governance training
- National Training: Community based disaster and climate risk reduction
- National Training: People centered early warning systems
- National Training: Disaster risk governance, leadership and decentralization complexity
- Participatory planning for community development
- Adaptive livelihoods and community based resilience building
Future Postgraduate Diploma Courses (Six-Month Courses)
- Development Epistemology and Public Policy
- Social Science Methods and Frameworks for public health issues