Dominggus Elcid Li, PhD
(Pol-Soc, Univ Birmingham, UK)
Sociology, University of Birmingham, England
Member of BSA (British Sociological Association)
Member of ICLARS (International Consortium for Law and Religion Studies)
Member of NTT (East Nusa Tenggara Province) Academia Forum
Founding Executive Director of IRGS (Institute of Resources Governance and Social Change) (www.irgsc.org)
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, Indonesia Program, Harvard Kennedy School, Harvard University 2014/2015
- Universitas 21 Scholarship from University of Birmingham (2007)
- Ford Foundation Fellow (2006-2008)
- APJC Fellow (Asia Pacific Journalism Center) (2005)
- Basic training on BBC PJTV-UI (2003)
- Top ten feature writers by Institut Studi Arus Informasi (ISAI) (1997)
Key Selected Publication (See other publication below)
Eclid Li, D. 2014. Silent suffering: the corporatist compromises and East Timorese camps after 1999, PhD Thesis, University of Birmingham
Elcid Li et. al. 2014. Universal birth registration for street children in DKI Jakarta Baseline Survey
Lassa, Li, Rohi et. al. 2014. Civil Society Roles in Disaster Risk Management in Indonesia, in Fahmi et. al. Eds. 2014.
Lassa, Li, Killa, Rohi et. al. 2014. Expenditure and unit cost analysis of early childhood development in Sikka, NTT. . Abstract.
Elcid Li, Lassa et. al. (Forthcoming) The anthropology of Water Sanitation and Hygiene in West Timor (Submitted to World Development, in review)
- Lead researcher, Understanding the political and governance dimension of women trafficking in Eastern Indonesia (Since Dec 2013]
- Lead researcher, Political sociology of corn and rural development in East Nusa Tenggara
- Lead researcher, Evaluation study on risk of bullying among school children in Jakarta, Indonesia November 2013-Feb 2014
- Co-researcher, expenditure and unit cost analysis of early childhood development in Sikka, NTT [UNICEF, Nov 2013-March 2014] [Social dimension of early childhood
development in Sikka]
- Lead researcher, The anthropology of Water Sanitation and Hygiene in West Timor, Funded by ACF International. Feb-April 2013.
- Lead researcher, baseline survey and action research on Street Children in Jakarta, Indonesia [October – Nov 2012]. For Plan International, Jakarta.
- Lead researcher, Constraints and opportunities of commodity chain development in NTT [funded by TAF and AusAID via Pikul]. Since Nov 2012.
- Founding Executive Director of Institute of Resource Governance and Social Change (IRGSC) (July 2012-)
- Doctoral researcher on postcolonial Indonesia and East Timor Diasporas after 1999 (2006-2012).
- Social Researcher for ‘Spatial Designing Plan Team for Southern Coast of Timor Leste’ (East Timor) (February 2011-June 2011)
- Field Researcher in North Sumatra (December 2004) on ‘ Missionary and Batak religion’
- Field Researcher in East Kalimantan (Juni 2003) to research about ‘Media and society in Bontang’
- Research coordinator for ‘Violence to women migrant worker and scandal on recruitment‘, a joint research between Justice and Peace Commission of Kupang
Archbishop and Rumah a Kekerasan terhadap TKW dan skandal PJTKI yang dilakukan oleh Rumah perempuan (2003)
- Field researcher coordinator for John Hopkins University Team on Public Health and local perspective in Timor Tengah Utara District, supervised by Victor
Menayang PhD (2002)
- Research assistant for Dr.Hans Hagerdaal (2002)
- Undergraduate research on ‘Konflik, Pluralisme dan Prasangka Sosial: kajian Komunikasi Lintas Budaya tentang Kekerasan terhadap Orang Islam-Bugis di
Kupang pada tanggal 30 November 1998’ (1998-2000).
- Field researcher for different research institutes in Java (1995-2000)
Other academic activities
- Participant in Visual Method Symposium, 27 February 2009, funded by ESRC (Economic and Social Research Council) and RDI (Researcher Development
Initiative) in University of Birmingham.
- Participant in Renewing the Social Conscience - UK Social Days, "Renewing the Catholic Social Conscience", 6pm Friday 19th March 2010 to 6pm Sunday 21st
March 2010, Oxford, An International Inter-Disciplinary Conference at the heart of the first ever UK Social Weeks, Las Casas Institute
- Participant in Postgraduate Enterprise Summer School 2010, University of Birmingham
- Participant of International Summer School on Religion and Public Life (2009), ISSPRL and University of Birmingham
- Participant of International Summer School on Religion and Public Life (2008), ISSPRL and University of Birmingham
- Participant in New Approach to Self Determination conference in SOAS (School of Oriental and African Studies), London, 12 June 2008.
- Participant for Writing for Publication, University of Birmingham , 20th February 2008
- Participant in Oxford Workshop on History, Society and Politics in Portugal and East Timor, 16-17 November 2006, Oxford University.
- Participant in Indonesian Peace Bridging Institute or Institut Titian Perdamaian (ITP) 2003
- Part time domestic worker in University Hospital, Birmingham (May 2008- June 2012)
- Contributor for Tempo Magazine from Birmingham, UK (2008-2010)
- TV Journalist for Indonesian National Television, MetroTV, in East Nusa Tenggara Province (January-August 2005)
- TV Journalist for Indonesian National TV, TV7, in East Nusa Tenggara Province (2004)
- Lecture in Communication Department, Widya Mandira Catholic University, Kupang, East Nusa Tenggara Province(2003-2004)
- Journalist and also Editor for Rantai Info, a NGO’s media which campaign against hunger, and also supporting disaster preparedness (2003-2004)
- Contributor for Familia Magazine which focus on family’s life and published by the Catholic Kanisius Publisher (1999-2003)
1. Member of Forum Academia NTT (FAN) (Since 2006)
2. Member of Institut Sejarah Timor (Since August 2012)
3. Chair of Asosiasi Pengelola Internet Kecamatan, East Nusa Tenggara Timur Province (June 2012-)
4. Chair of Postgraduate Committee in Sociology Department, University of Birmingham (2008- 2009)
5. Co-organizer of Postgraduate Conference in Sociology Department, University of Birmingham, 2008.
6. Volunteer of Justice and Peace Commission in Kupang Archbishop, West Timor, Indonesia, 2003-2005
7. Coordinator of Peace Facilitators for East Nusa Tenggara Province, Indonesia (2003-2005)
Selected articles and publication
- Paris, Paniai, dan Paskakolonial, Opini Kompas Cetak 21 Januari 2015.
- Bukti Polisi Tutup Mata Perdagangan Orang (1), Victori News, 20 Januari 2015
- 2014 Jejak Perbudakan di Indonesia, 17 Juni 2014
- 2014 Desis Para Bandar, Victory News 03 March 2013 2014
- 2014 Pemimpin, Tanah Air, dan Ular [bagian 2] Satutimor.com
- 2014 Pemimpin, Tanah Air, dan Ular [bagian 1] Satutimor.com
- 2014 Perdagangan orang dan lemahnya kepolisian, 25 Feb 2014
- 2013 The middleman in Indonesian Politics. The Jakarta Post 21-06-13
- 2013 Demokrasi Bukan Hanya Satu Hari. VN 21-06-13
- 2013 Rethinking the Future of Sanitation, Jakarta Post, 04-06-13
- 2013 Politik Spider Man (Victory News 2013)
- 2011 Tambang, Kartel Politik, dan Otoritarianisme Pasar. Pos Kupang
- 2011 Pembangunan Bukan Kuburan Massal. Pos Kupang
- 2010 Menimbang Imajinasi Perbatasan. Pos Kupang
- 2009 Agama, Pemilu, dan Negarawan. Pos Kupang
- 2009 Sinyal Rektor Undana. Pos Kupang
- 2010 Politik layar kaca, Kompas, 27 Februari 2010,
- 2009 Republik Zonder Atap, 4 Desember 2009, Kompas
- 2009 Membongkar Mafia Indonesia, 13 November 2009, Kompas
- 2009 Nasionalisme dan Politik Sakit Jiwa
Personal blogs: Tenun Kata